[GAP] Use of Ada 2005

Robert Dewar dewar at adacore.com
Sat Mar 25 02:07:37 CET 2006

Bo Sanden wrote:
> In that general context, when do you expect a new gnat compiler version
> supporting some 2005 features will be available to academic members? The
> one available on the page (June 2005) has some problems.

That version does indeed support many important Ada 2005 features. There
are some known problems (I trust you have reported the "some problems"
that you have come across), but many people have successfully run many
Ada 2005 programs with this version.

A new GAP/GPL version supporting more Ada 2005 features and correcting
known problems that have been reported and fixed will be available
soon (exact date not set yet).