[GAP] Use of Ada 2005

Tullio Vardanega tullio.vardanega at math.unipd.it
Fri Mar 24 23:09:01 CET 2006

Hello Jamie and GAP members,

I do use Ada 2005 for master-level projects. In fact at present I have two
such projects running and plan to have more soon.
In those projects we use GNAT with the -2005 option, with that (limited)
level
of support. We hit problems and limitations with it and would like to
see more soon.
In particular we make extensive use of interfaces and we have plans for
extensive
use of the new real-time features as well.

Up to this academic year, in regular master classes I use Ada 95
(including OOP,
Real-Time and Distributed Systems annexes).
By the way, I will soon donate to the GAP community the results of a
student
project (a distributed simulation of a complex railway system) that I
found extremely
nice.

-- Tullio