[GAP] RE: JEWL

Michael Gonzalez mgh at unican.es
Fri Apr 29 09:17:20 CEST 2005

Richard,

Riehle, Richard USA wrote:

> In an earlier message, as part of a discussion regarding
> approaches to teaching Ada, I mentioned that I find that
> my students enjoy writing Windows programs using JEWL.
>
> Was that comment so outrageous that no one felt it was
> worth comment?   Does no one else consider the concept
> of "fun" important when teaching and learning a programming
> language?

I also consider this very important. I mentioned in a previous message
that we use Win_IO. It has the same goals as JEWL, but is portable
between Linux and Windows because it is based on Gtkada. For us this is
important, because in our labs we have Linux machines, but students
usually have Windows at home.

Best regards,

Michael Gonzalez.
Michael Gonzalez Harbour                  E-mail: mgh at unican.es
Dpto. de Electronica y Computadores       URL: http://www.ctr.unican.es
Universidad de Cantabria                  Phone : +34-942-201483
Avda. de los Castros s/n                  Fax   : +34-942-201402
E-39005 Santander
SPAIN