[AWS] Using AWS installed on remote machine with GNAT GPS?

Babak babak.mn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 19:19:23 CEST 2014

Can I use AWS in my GNAT GPS project if AWS is installed on a virtual
machine? (GNAT GPS running on the host system)

I was able to use the "remotes" window to make the programs run on the
remote machine via SSH.

For using AWS, I edited the project.gpr file and added 'with "aws";' at the
top.

But now GNAT GPS gets confused because it can't locate aws.gpr on my local
host machine.

Is it possible to configure GPS so that project dependencies can sit on
another machine? I like to keep self-contained isolated development
environments.

For Python projects, PyCharm has the concept of 'remote interpreter' and it
will not only run the code there, but also understands which libraries are
available in the remote environment so the code-completion works and if you
have import statements it understands that the imported unit is available
on the remote host.

Wondering if anyone else has experience in this area.

Thanks.