[AWS] Preferred method for pre-compressing static content

Thomas Løcke thomas.granvej6 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 13:19:00 CET 2011

Hey,

I've got a bunch of static content (CSS, JS, XML and similar) that I'd
like to pre-compress, but I can't quite decide on how to best go about
this.

My current solution make use of Ada.Streams.Stream_IO and ZLib. I
simply create a .gz version of the original static content, if the
size of the original file is bigger than 400 bytes and its content is
text, but I'm not sure if this is the best way to go about it.

Anybody got any experiences they'd like to share?

:o)
Thomas Løcke