[AWS] Debian reports security vulnerabilities in prototype.js bundled with AWS

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Mon Nov 9 10:41:21 CET 2009

Ludovic,

> What is prototype.js used for? Examples only or actual functionality?  I
> see it is part of web_elements.

No prototype.js is the core of the Web_Block AJAX support. This is required
for using the aws-services-web-block-*.ad* API. This is for example used
in the v2p server (http://v2p.fr.eu.org).

> What would be the effort to migrate to the version of prototype.js
> provided in Debian (currently 1.6.0.2-4 in stable and 1.6.1-1 in testing
> and unstable)?

This needs to be tested. I will check that a recent version of prototype.js
works fine and will get back to you.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|