[AWS] AWS documentation

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Mon Sep 8 22:40:37 CEST 2008

Jocelyn,

> I've got some questions about the AWS documentation.
>
> Are some of the HTML files on Libre's site out of date? The page
> https://libre.adacore.com/aws/main.html says that the current AWS release
> is AWS 2.3.0: isn't it 2.5.0? Likewise, the User's Guide at
> https://libre.adacore.com/aws/aws-gpl-2.3.0.html is headed version 2.3.0.
> If I'm right and these are out of date, could they be updated?

Right, those documentation should be updated.

> Also, the INSTALL file in the top-level directory says I need a working
> makeinfo and Tex. Which (free ones) would you recommend, and from where,
> for Windows XP?

I'm using Cygwin with the texinfo and tetex packages. Working fine when
you have a good setup... If you have access to a GNU/Linux machine I
would recommend using it if you are not familiar with Cygwin.

> But I'm wondering why I need to build the documentation at all. Does its
> content depend on settings in one's makefile.conf? It would be very
> convenient for us poor Windows users if the HTML and PDF files could be

I understand...

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|