[AWS] AWS documentation

Jocelyn Paine popx at j-paine.org
Mon Sep 8 17:52:00 CEST 2008

Pascal,

I've got some questions about the AWS documentation.

Are some of the HTML files on Libre's site out of date? The page
https://libre.adacore.com/aws/main.html says that the current AWS release
is AWS 2.3.0: isn't it 2.5.0? Likewise, the User's Guide at
https://libre.adacore.com/aws/aws-gpl-2.3.0.html is headed version 2.3.0.
If I'm right and these are out of date, could they be updated?

Also, the INSTALL file in the top-level directory says I need a working
makeinfo and Tex. Which (free ones) would you recommend, and from where,
for Windows XP?

But I'm wondering why I need to build the documentation at all. Does its
content depend on settings in one's makefile.conf? It would be very
convenient for us poor Windows users if the HTML and PDF files could be
pre-built and we download them with AWS. Or if they're too big to
download, couldn't they just be mounted on the Libre Web site? Like, for
example, Sun's spec of the Java API at
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/ ?

Many thanks,

Jocelyn Paine