[AWS] use of aws in windows

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Wed Jul 23 11:49:41 CEST 2008

Bny Kn a écrit :
> I am trying to use AWS in windows. I  downloaded AWS from
> https://libre2.adacore.com/aws/ and try to compile one of the example
> programs given in users guide.

So are you using AWS GPL 2008 Edition or the version from Subversion?

> But I got millions of error as the library not found. Then I copied the
> necessaru ads and adb files from src folder (in downloaded aws folder)
> into my project folder and then it compiled.

That's plain wrong. Please read the documentation on the AWS User's
Guide or INSTALL file at the root directory. You want to set, build AND
install AWS. Then you'll be able to use AWS. You can't expect using a
software that has not been setup!

> SSLeay not declared in "Thin"
> I got this error in compilation of aws-net-ss.ads
> How can I solve this?

By reading the documentation. If you have specific question do not
hesitate to ask. Be sure to have a proper MSYS or Cygwin installation.

> And also I am worried about the installation procedure. I could not find
> how to install AWS in windows.

It install as on UNIXes. You just need to install MSYS or Cywgin to have
a decent shell and tool set.

> Also the way I explained to compile the code is normal? (copying all the
> ads and adb files like aws-client.ads, aws-containes.ads ... )
> Or is there an easier way to include the files in my project.

I think this has already been answered above :)

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|