[AWS] INSTALL variable

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Wed Oct 10 03:45:07 CEST 2007

Le 9 oct. 07 à 22:56, Pascal Obry a écrit :

> Hi Thomas,
>
>> i suppose that you have not made a configure which would have allow
>> us to do
>> ./configure --prefix=mydirectory
>> because it's too difficult
>
> Not only too difficult but not easy to support on Windows. Yes I
> know of
> Cygwin and I'm using all days on my Windows box... yet I really prefer
> to stay away from the auto-tools.

ok

>> is it possible to make makefile.conf so that it creates INSTALL only
>> if it doesn't already exist,
>> so we could do
>> INSTALL=mydirectory make setup build install
>> ?
>
> Everything is possible, but what do you want to achieve ?

all what i want is to make a script in which i set INSTALL, and then
not have to modify makefile.conf

my script would give INSTALL to "make",
then "make" has to use my INSTALL, not the one from makefile.conf

(is it comprehensible enough ?)

> Note that in recent AWS versions (see SVN repository) the INSTALL
> variable is properly set to point to the root directory of the used
> GNAT
> compiler.

i've seen that, but it's not fine for me,
i have gnat in ~/Documents/info/bin/autoinstall/gnat/ada-4.3/
and i want aws in ~/Documents/info/bin/autoinstall/autre/

--
j'agis contre l'assistanat, je travaille dans une SCOP !