[AWS] INSTALL variable

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Tue Oct 9 22:56:24 CEST 2007

Hi Thomas,

> i suppose that you have not made a configure which would have allow
> us to do
> ./configure --prefix=mydirectory
> because it's too difficult

Not only too difficult but not easy to support on Windows. Yes I know of
Cygwin and I'm using all days on my Windows box... yet I really prefer
to stay away from the auto-tools.

> is it possible to make makefile.conf so that it creates INSTALL only
> if it doesn't already exist,
> so we could do
> INSTALL=mydirectory make setup build install
> ?

Everything is possible, but what do you want to achieve ?

Note that in recent AWS versions (see SVN repository) the INSTALL
variable is properly set to point to the root directory of the used GNAT
compiler. This way there is no need to bother about this variable at
all. AWS will be properly installed with the compiler using the default
location so that project files are found automatically without using
ADA_PROJECT_PATH.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|