[AWS] Step by step build for AWS-gpl-2.2.0 on Windows XP

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Tue Dec 12 20:09:00 CET 2006

Vincent Tourvieille a écrit :
> here is a step by step AWS (gpl 2.2.0 version) build method on Windows XP.
> (I am not claiming that this is canonical but at least
> it worked for me !)

Thanks for this note.

> - Set the ADA_PROJECT_PATH variable (beware that in that case this uses
> a Windows style
>  directory notation)

This is the only point I do not understand. If you look in the main
makefile you'll set that it is already done. I'm using Cygwin myself to
build on Windows and it works fine ! It would be nice to understand the
difference in our setup !

<<
$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 pascal 1.5.22(0.156/4/2) 2006-11-13 17:01 i686 Cygwin

$ make --version
GNU Make 3.81
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i686-pc-cygwin