[AWS] Step by step build for AWS-gpl-2.2.0 on Windows XP

Vincent Tourvieille vincent at tourvieille.org
Tue Dec 12 07:49:43 CET 2006

Hi,

here is a step by step AWS (gpl 2.2.0 version) build method on Windows XP.
(I am not claiming that this is canonical but at least
it worked for me !)

- Download and install Cygwin (from www.cygwin.com), in the install
wizard, within the
  "Devel" list of packages, select "make: the GNU version of the make
utility"

- Change the makefile.conf to your liking.
  Beware that directories uses the unix style directory notation
  (i.e: INSTALL     = /cygdrive/c/...)

- From cygwin, navigate to the directory containing makefile.conf and do
"make setup".

- Set the ADA_PROJECT_PATH variable (beware that in that case this uses
a Windows style
  directory notation)

  There are (at least) two ways of doing this:

 From windows:
 From the Desktop, right click on "My Computer", select Properties.
Select the "advanced" tab, clik on the "Environment Variables" button.
In the group entitled "User variables for ...", click on "New"
In the "Variable name:" field enter "ADA_PROJECT_PATH"
In the "Variable value:" field, enter the directory in which the file
aws_conf.gpr is located.
(for instance
C:\GNAT\gnat_gpl_2006\2006\x86-windows\tools\aws\AWS-gpl-2.2.0\.build\projects"

 From cygwin:
export
ADA_PROJECT_PATH="C:\GNAT\gnat_gpl_2006\2006\x86-windows\tools\aws\AWS-gpl-2.2.0\.build\projects"

- From cygwin, navigate to the directory containing makefile.conf and do
"make build".

Vincent