[AWS] Step by step build for AWS-gpl-2.2.0 on Windows XP

Vincent Tourvieille vincent at tourvieille.org
Wed Dec 13 06:21:11 CET 2006

>> - Set the ADA_PROJECT_PATH variable (beware that in that case this uses
>> a Windows style
>>  directory notation)
>>

> This is the only point I do not understand. If you look in the main
> makefile you'll set that it is already done. I'm using Cygwin myself to
> build on Windows and it works fine ! It would be nice to understand the
> difference in our setup !
>
> <<
> $ uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-5.1 pascal 1.5.22(0.156/4/2) 2006-11-13 17:01 i686 Cygwin
>
> $ make --version
> GNU Make 3.81
> Copyright (C) 2006  Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
> There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
> PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>
> This program built for i686-pc-cygwin
>

> Note that I'm using Cygwin make.

The way ADA_PROJECT_PATH is set in the main makefile is with a unix
style directory
path, when I did that (i.e /cygdrive/c/...), it didn't work for me, I
had to use a windows style directory
(i.e C:\...). May be in your settings, you already have ADA_PROJECT_PATH
defined with a windows style directory to the correct location,
and since the makefile does concatenate any existing ADA_PROJECT_PATH,
it reuses the definition.

Vincent