[PolyORB-users] Dealing with String parameters

Thomas Quinot quinot at adacore.com
Fri Mar 15 16:52:34 CET 2013

* Frédéric Praca, 2013-03-15 :

> The problem I have is that creating the object and activating it works
> but when setting the data member of Annotation object, nothing seems to
> happen on the server side (i.e. no logging message after calling
> set_data) and the client sends an CORBA.INV_OBJREF exception.

There is nothing specific associated to string parameters in PolyORB.

> As far as I remember, using Orbix, I had to "copy" the incoming string.

There is no such requirement with PolyORB; this would not be conformant
to the standard Ada/CORBA mapping.

> Is it also the case with PolyOrb ? Are there some special thing to do
> with String objects (and Wide_String) ?

There shouldn't. CORBA.INV_OBJREF indicates that you are calling an
operation with an invalid object reference.

--
Thomas Quinot, Ph.D. ** quinot at adacore.com ** Senior Software Engineer
               AdaCore -- Paris, France -- New York, USA