[PolyORB-users] Dealing with String parameters

Frédéric Praca frederic.praca at free.fr
Fri Mar 15 16:45:28 CET 2013

Hello,
I use the Corba personnality and have a kind of object factory called
Repository exposing a CreateAnnotation method.
As the Annotation object contains a String member called data, the
CreateAnnotation has an String in-parameter obviously called data.
The problem I have is that creating the object and activating it works
but when setting the data member of Annotation object, nothing seems to
happen on the server side (i.e. no logging message after calling
set_data) and the client sends an CORBA.INV_OBJREF exception.

As far as I remember, using Orbix, I had to "copy" the incoming string.
Is it also the case with PolyOrb ? Are there some special thing to do
with String objects (and Wide_String) ?

Thanks

Regards
Fred