[PolyORB-users] gnat tool prefix in a cross build PolyORB environment

Thomas Quinot quinot at adacore.com
Wed Apr 13 23:27:55 CEST 2011

* Piotr Trojanek, 2011-04-13 :

> is it possible to pass a target platform prefix to the po_gnatdist command - i.e.
> i686-pc-linux-gnu, so it will call the 'i686-pc-linux-gnu-gnat' instead of a
> general 'gnat' command?
>
> This would allow to coexists different GNAT toolchains (i.e. a native and a
> cross compiler) within a users $PATH environment variable.

This is not supported yet (will probably be some time in the future). In
the mean time you can set up separate tool chains in separate prefixes,
and adjust PATH accordingly.

> The complete howto about this setup is available here:
> https://github.com/ptroja/qnx-cross/wiki/Ada-Annex-E-with-PolyORB-under-QNX
> I hope it will help porting the PolyORB and the GNAT itself to other
> interesting OSes.

Interesting work, thanks for sharing it!

--
Thomas Quinot, Ph.D. ** quinot at adacore.com ** Senior Software Engineer
               AdaCore -- Paris, France -- New York, USA