[PolyORB-users] Installation failure: Ada compiler is not working.

Jérôme Hugues hugues at telecom-paristech.fr
Tue Sep 8 21:25:54 CEST 2009

Le 8 sept. 09 à 18:48, Allison Beh 馬慶盈 a écrit :

> Ok, I've got GNAT GPL 2009 installed and added the path to PATH. But
> as I configured the polyorb package, the following error has occurred:
>
> checking for C compiler default output file name... configure:
> error: C compiler cannot create executables
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> Attached is the config.log file. Have I missed something? Thanks in
> advance.

./configure: line 2660: /usr/gnat/bin/gcc: cannot execute binary file

hum, are you sure that /usr/gnat/bin/gcc is executable ?

can you go to /usr/gnat/bin directory, and type
file gcc
and
ls -l gcc

the output should read something like

solace% file gcc
gcc: Mach-O executable i386
solace% ls -l gcc
-rwxr-xr-x  3 hugues  hugues  228380  4 oct  2007 gcc

it looks like the gnat you installed is wrong

--
Jérôme Hugues, TELECOM ParisTech
http://www.telecom-paristech.fr/~hugues