[PolyORB-users] Installation failure: Ada compiler is not working.

Allison Beh 馬慶盈 alliraph at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 18:48:35 CEST 2009

Ok, I've got GNAT GPL 2009 installed and added the path to PATH. But as I
configured the polyorb package, the following error has occurred:
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

Attached is the config.log file. Have I missed something? Thanks in advance.

2009/9/7 Jérôme Hugues <hugues at telecom-paristech.fr>

> Le 7 sept. 09 à 09:11, Ludovic Brenta a écrit :
>

>  Selon Allison Beh 馬慶盈 <alliraph at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> +===========================GNAT BUG
>>> DETECTED==============================+
>>> (i686-apple-darwin8)

>> Just a hunch: this looks like http://gcc.gnu.org/PR39160, perhaps two
>> avatars
>> of the same bug?
>>

> I have no idea, but this is a VERY good information
> So, the compiler you are using is fairly outdated, first it is an
> experimental, not an official FSF release
> second I highly suggest you update. GNAT GPL 2009 are known to compile
> PolyORB on platforms for which a release exist, so is Mac x86_64.
> If you can, please update
>
> an alternative is to use a newer release for macada, but cannot tell much
> than "please try" ;)
>

> --
> Jérôme Hugues, TELECOM ParisTech
> http://www.telecom-paristech.fr/~hugues