[PolyORB-users] Installation failure: Ada compiler is not working.

Jérôme Hugues hugues at telecom-paristech.fr
Sun Sep 6 19:06:12 CEST 2009

Le 6 sept. 09 à 17:32, Allison Beh 馬慶盈 a écrit :

> Yes, I was referring to MacAda gnat package. In the log file, it
> stated that:
>
> i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: language ada not recognized
> i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: src.ada: linker input file unused
> because linking not done
> no compilation units found
> no source files written
>
> Sorry I'm not familiar with the rest of the content. I've attached
> the file in this email. Can you please view it? Would appreciate if
> you can kindly point out the crucial information. Thanks.

configure:3840: cd conftest && gnatchop -q src.ada && gcc -c check.adb
 > /dev/null 2>../conftest.out
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: language ada not recognized
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: language ada not recognized
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: src.ada: linker input file unused
because linking not done

 From your information, and this log file
1/ You have a GNAT and the default Mac OS X gcc (presumably)
2/ GNAT and GCC are both in your PATH
3/ _but_ for some reasons the gcc found by configure is GCC 4.0.1 with
Ada support

to check that, open a terminal, and issue
which gcc
which gnatmake

the which command tells you which gcc is used

I suggest you modify your PATH so that GNAT is in first position

Hope this helps

--
Jérôme Hugues, TELECOM ParisTech
http://www.telecom-paristech.fr/~hugues