[PolyORB-users] Installation failure: Ada compiler is not working.

Allison Beh 馬慶盈 alliraph at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 17:32:20 CEST 2009

Yes, I was referring to MacAda gnat package. In the log file, it stated
that:
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: language ada not recognized
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: src.ada: linker input file unused because
linking not done
no compilation units found
no source files written

Sorry I'm not familiar with the rest of the content. I've attached the file
in this email. Can you please view it? Would appreciate if you can kindly
point out the crucial information. Thanks.

2009/9/6 Jérôme Hugues <hugues at telecom-paristech.fr>

> Le 6 sept. 09 à 16:07, Allison Beh 馬慶盈 a écrit :
>
>  I have downloaded the PolyORB GPL 2009 version but failed to install it.
>> I'm on Mac OS X Leopard and I have the Ada compiler gnat-4.3. I had followed
>> the installation instruction, by running ./configure in bash environment, it
>> did all the checking until the last when it checked if my Ada compiler
>> works, the result was "no", then an error message appeared: Ada compiler is
>> not working.
>>
>> I've checked my compiler, it's in PATH and it is compiling the Ada
>> programs fine as I run gnatmake. Can someone kindly point out what could be
>> wrong? Thanks in advance.
>>

> You'll find more information in the config.log file, near the configure
> script
> I don't think gnat-4.3 is a GNAT provided by AdaCore, as GNAT GPL 2009, is
> it ? are you referring to the macada GNAT packages ?
>

> --
> Jérôme Hugues, TELECOM ParisTech
> http://www.telecom-paristech.fr/~hugues

Regards,