[PolyORB-users] STORAGE_ERROR in polyorb.orb

Jérôme Hugues hugues at telecom-paristech.fr
Thu Nov 5 10:49:46 CET 2009

Hi Manuel

Le 5 nov. 09 à 10:36, Manuel Giollo a écrit :

> polyorb.orb: ORB.Run got exception:
> polyorb.orb: Exception name: STORAGE_ERROR
> Message: s-intman.adb:142 explicit raise

Note s-intman is part of the gnat runtime
if you do "gnatls -v", it will point you to the adainclude directory
in this directory, you'll find the s-intman.adb

if you look further, you'll se s-intman does a mapping between some OS
signals to Ada standard exception

on my setup, one can see

          when SIGBUS =>
             raise Storage_Error;  -- line 142

I don't know for your system,  perhaps the lines moved a bit, so
please check

it can be either SIGFP, SIGILL, SIGSEGV or SIGBUS. Since it is
constraint_error that is raised, I imagine it is either SIGSEGV or
SIGBUS

(supposing you're running on linux ..)

> I've seen that the problem exist only when multiple car try to
> communicate in the same moment (blocking the possibility of multiple
> communication in the same moment with a protected resource have in
> fac solved the problem).

note you did not report on your platform, compiler and version of
PolyORB and setup for you client, and the whole appication topology.
So there is little I can tell at that point

> I've tryed to set the polyorb.conf file, but setting the storage
> memory don't solve the problem:
>
> [tasking]
> # Default storage size for all threads spawned by PolyORB
> storage_size=2621440<-- note the high memory I've tryed to set
> # Number of threads by Thread Pool tasking policy
> min_spare_threads=10
> max_spare_threads=30
> max_threads=50

supposing again you're on linux, what tells 'ulimit" ?

> Anyone can help me? If you need some other info, ask me!

Note it is Ada (not ADA) and CORBA (not Corba) ;)

--
Jérôme Hugues, TELECOM ParisTech
http://www.telecom-paristech.fr/~hugues