[PolyORB-users] STORAGE_ERROR in polyorb.orb

Manuel Giollo eva01iol at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 5 10:36:19 CET 2009

Hi all, I am developing a system for didactic puprose, and in the final execution, the following exception have been raised:

polyorb.orb: ORB.Run got exception:
polyorb.orb: Exception name: STORAGE_ERROR
Message: s-intman.adb:142 explicit raise

First of all, the system is compound by 2 application
a F1 race simulator: I wrote it in ADA, and it sholud simulate a Formula 1 competitiona remote control system: I wrote it in Java, it should describe the state of the F1 competition. A car in the F1 race simulator periodically send to the remote control system some information.
The 2 application talk to each other with Corba, but I can't understand why the previous exception have been raised. The method involved in the problem is the following (it is an asynch call):

   procedure Send_Car_State
     (Self : Ref;
      Car_Name : CORBA.String;
      State : F1_System.Car_Actual_State;
      Is_Terminating : CORBA.Boolean);

and here is the State variable specification:

   type Car_Actual_State is
     record
         Wheel_State : CORBA.Float;
         Actual_Fuel : CORBA.Unsigned_Long;
         Actual_Speed : CORBA.Float;
         Time_Last_Checkpoint : CORBA.Unsigned_Long;
         Pit_Stop_Done : CORBA.Unsigned_Short;
         Tyre : F1_System.Tyre_Type;
         Total_Running_Time : CORBA.Unsigned_Long;
         Lap_Done : CORBA.Unsigned_Short;
         Distance_Last_Checkpoint : CORBA.Unsigned_Short;
         Road_Section_Reached : F1_System.Road_Piece;
      end record;

I've seen that the problem exist only when multiple car try to communicate in the same moment (blocking the possibility of multiple communication in the same moment with a protected resource have in fac solved the problem).
I've tryed to set the polyorb.conf file, but setting the storage memory don't solve the problem:

[tasking]
# Default storage size for all threads spawned by PolyORB
storage_size=2621440<-- note the high memory I've tryed to set
# Number of threads by Thread Pool tasking policy
min_spare_threads=10
max_spare_threads=30
max_threads=50

Anyone can help me? If you need some other info, ask me!

Thanks
                             Manuel Giollo