[PolyORB-users] Build problems on Windows XP

Rajagopalan Srinivasan rajasrinivasan at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 05:29:44 CET 2009

I believe the problem is with the makefile.

This is what leads me to conclude this :

when I manually tried to build, it proceeded to build idlac as shown in the enclosed log.

clearly I left out some of the options to gnatmake but when I went back to repeat make - failed again.

Is it the appearance of the same dir (common_files) twice in the gnatmake command line?

platform.ads looked fine. Anyhow, i was able to gnatmake -m idlac successfully.

any further ideas?

regards, srini

> CC: rajasrinivasan at hotmail.com; polyorb-users at LISTS.eu.adacore.com
> From: hugues at telecom-paristech.fr
> To: duff at adacore.com
> Subject: Re: [PolyORB-users] Build problems on Windows XP
> Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:29:12 +0100
>

> Le 30 janv. 09 à 00:21, Bob Duff a écrit :
>
> > Rajagopalan Srinivasan wrote:
> >
> >> Many many apologies. I should have included them. but it looked
> >> normal.
> >
> > Thanks, but the output below looks garbled, so I can't tell what's
> > going on.
> > Could you send it in such a way that your mailer doesn't garble the
> > text?  You could send it as a (plain-text) attachment (no html,
> > please).
>
> As suggested by Bob, please send plain-text
>
> > config.status: creating compilers/Makefile
> > config.status: creating compilers/common_files/platform.ads
> > config.status: creating compilers/gnatdist/xe_defs-defaults.ads
> > config.status: creating compilers/gnatprfh/Makefile
> > config.status: creating compilers/gnatprfh/gnatprfh.adb
> > config.status: creating compilers/iac/Makefile
> > config.status: creating compilers/idlac/Makefile
> > config.status: creating compilers/idlac/testsuite/Makefile
>
> [..]
>

> > cd compilers/idlac && \
> > R Srinivasan at GITA /cygdrive/c/Projects/Ada/polyorb-2.4.0-src
> > $ pwd      idlac \
> > /cygdrive/c/Projects/Ada/polyorb-2.4.0-src -XBuild=3DPRODUCTION -
> > XWarnings_=
> > Mode=3Dn
> > -j4  \
> > R Srinivasan at GITA /cygdrive/c/Projects/Ada/polyorb-2.4.0-srcilers/
> > idlac \
> > $          -I/cygdrive/c/Projects/Ada/polyorb-2.4.0-src/compilers/
> > common_fi=
> > les -
> > $
> > R Srinivasan at GITA /cygdrive/c/Projects/Ada/polyorb-2.4.0-srcs/Ada/
> > polyorb-2=
> > .4.0-
> > $ c/compilers/idlac -I/cygdrive/c/Projects/Ada/polyorb-2.4.0-src/
> > compilers/=
> > commo
> > n_files -I/cygdrive/c/Projects/Ada/polyorb-2.4.0-src/compilers/
> > common_files=
> > idla
> > R Srinivasan at GITA /cygdrive/c/Projects/Ada/polyorb-2.4.0-src
> > $ lac.adb:53:06: file "platform.ads" not found
> > gnatmake: "idlac.adb" compilation error
> >

> for some reasons GNAT does not find platform.ads, but it looks like it
> has been generated by configure
> Can you check wether platform.ads is correctly generated ?
>
> --
> Jérôme Hugues, TELECOM ParisTech
> http://www.telecom-paristech.fr/~hugues

Hotmail® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone.
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/versatility.aspx#mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_WL_HM_versatility_121208