[PolyORB-users] PolyORB run examples

Jérôme Hugues hugues at infres.enst.fr
Thu May 29 17:43:08 CEST 2008

Le 29 mai 08 à 17:39, Alina-Mihaela Radu a écrit :

> Thank you very much! I compiled and installed PolyORB-gpl-2007 in a
> folder in my home folder and I received no errors. I am now trying
> to run the examples. So I am in the /examples directory offered with
> PolyORB and I try to run make.
> I receive the error:
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/alina/Desktop/dep/polyorb-src/
> compilers/idlac'
> gnatmake -m -I. -I. idlac -cargs -g -O2 -XBuild=PRODUCTION -gnatg  -
> bargs  -margs
> gcc -c -I. -I. -g -O2 -XBuild=PRODUCTION -gnatg idlac.adb
> gcc: unrecognized option '-XBuild=PRODUCTION'
> idlac.adb:53:06: file "platform.ads" not found
> gnatmake: "idlac.adb" compilation error
>

> I am very sorry I am so insistent and that I might ask obvious
> questions.

to build examples, you should not use the makefile in the example
directory, but
instead call "make examples" from the PolyORB src directory

This will build all examples.

If you need to build one particular example, then read
Makefile.common, it details the
procedure

(the makefile you are using is old code that will be cleaned up)

--
Jérôme Hugues, ENST Paris
http://www.enst.fr/~hugues