[PolyORB-users] Limiting the number of connections at the server side

Maciej Sobczak prog at msobczak.com
Wed Jun 25 14:09:48 CEST 2008

Hello,

Is it possible to limit the number of connections managed by a given
PolyORB server? The problem I'm facing is a single server and
practically unlimited number of clients that send a single request to
the server. The connections are established and kept alive for the
lifetime of the client, and they accumulate at the server above
reasonable limits.
I'm looking for a way to make the connection pool limited.

There are many possible policies to achieve this effect:

1. Refuse new connections when the connection pool is already full. This
one is not acceptable for me, because I want to allow new clients to get
serviced.

2. Close one of the existing connections if there is a new connection
and the pool is full. This is acceptable and I can manage it at the
client side properly.

3. Close the existing connection after discovering that it was not used
for the given time. This is acceptable.

4. Close the connection immediately after sending back the response.
This is also OK.

5. Any other solution?

Is any of the above supported by PolyORB?
I am interested in the CORBA personality.

Regards,

--
Maciej Sobczak * www.msobczak.com * www.inspirel.com