[PolyORB-users] Interoperability of PolyOrb with other CORBA implementations

Gustavo Ambrosio gustavo.ambrosio at integrasys.es
Fri Jun 6 10:43:59 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

I am working with PolyORB version gpl-2007 (https://libre.adacore.com/polyorb/) and I would like to ask you a question related to interoperability between PolyORB and other ORBs. In particular I would be interested in achieving interoperability with TAO and Sun JDK ORB. I am trying to get interoperability by means of the so-called "Interoperable Naming Service". In the following links there are tutorials that explain how to implement the Interoperable Naming Service with TAO and Sun JDK ORB:

Sun JDK ORB: http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/idl/INStutorial.html
TAO: http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/TAO/docs/INS.html

I am wondering if it would be possible do do something similar with ADA and the PolyORB. I attached the source code that I am using in order to get an example that is based on the Interoperable Naming Service. In the example the server registers an object with an ID ("Hello") by means of the function CORBA.ORB.Register_Initial_Reference. The client bootstrapps the object with the function CORBA.ORB.Resolve_Initial_References("HelloWorld"). I would be interested in executing the client with the following command line:

./client -ORBInitRef HelloWorld=corbaloc:iiop:1.2 at host:port/Hello

The example compiles well but it doesn´t execute correctly cause the client doesn´t manage to narrow the reference of the remote object. Do you have any thoughts about how to program the Interoperable Naming Service?

Thank you very much in advance

Gustavo

P.S. I would also like to know if there is some kind of documentation for the API of PolyORB. Somethink like the typical Doxygen generated documentation or similar.