[PolyORB-users] polyorb license

xavier grave xavier.grave at ipno.in2p3.fr
Mon Apr 21 17:13:16 CEST 2008

Hi,

Since I'm trying to produce a Debian package of polyorb I have licnsing
questions.

I get somewhere (may be I'm wrong) that every software get from adacore
site is now "pure" GPL and not GMGPL.

But in the sources I found this kind of license :
-- As a special exception,  if other files  instantiate  generics from
this --
-- unit, or you link  this unit with other files  to produce an
executable, --
-- this  unit  does not  by itself cause  the resulting  executable  to
be --
-- covered  by the  GNU  General  Public  License.  This exception does
not --
-- however invalidate  any other reasons why  the executable file  might
be --
-- covered by the  GNU Public License.
--

This is more GMGPL stuff than "pure" GPL one no ? Can someone help me on
this subject please ?

Thanks in advance, xavier