[PolyORB-users] cvs dsa example => POLYORB.COMM_FAILURE exception

Jerome Hugues hugues at infres.enst.fr
Sun Jul 24 16:31:47 CEST 2005

Rod Kay (rodkay at mullum.com.au):

>    :) ... i like the newish Ada06 capabilites of gcc, and try to use gcc/cvs
> whenever possible. I also understand that a recent cvs gcc is needed for the
> polyOrb cvs build ?

It is not necessary in the general case, PolyORB builds quite well
with GCC 3.4.x. GCC/HEAD is required iff you want to experiment with
the DSA personality.

>    I'm not sure of possible 'repercussions' from the above mod, as i
> am still quite new to polyOrb.

This is under study, Vadim came to the conclusion your patch is OK
given recent changes in GCC 4.1.x.

>    Thanks for your reply, and also to the helpful chap (yoogx) who
> visited #ada irc within five minutes or so of my 1st email post.

I told you I was a bit curious about your project ;)

--
Jerome