[PolyORB-users] cvs dsa example => POLYORB.COMM_FAILURE exception

Rod Kay rodkay at mullum.com.au
Sun Jul 24 06:32:00 CEST 2005

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 05:58 am, Vadim Godunko wrote:
> Rod Kay wrote:
> >    i also modified the cvs idl_fe-lexer.adb to 'cater' for a
> > constraint_error when processing one of the idl files during 'make'.
> >
> >    at line 1156, i added ...
> >
> >                if New_Line_Number > 0 then
> >                   Current_Location.Line := New_Line_Number - 1;
> >                else
> >                   Current_Location.Line := 0;
> >                end if;
>
> Intresting!
>
> New_Line_Number have Natural type and have zero value, but exception
> raised only if code compiled by GCC/GNAT-HEAD 20050722 (-gnato always
> present in command line). :(

   :) ... i like the newish Ada06 capabilites of gcc, and try to use gcc/cvs
whenever possible. I also understand that a recent cvs gcc is needed for the
polyOrb cvs build ?

   I'm not sure of possible 'repercussions' from the above mod, as i am still
quite new to polyOrb.

   Thanks for your reply, and also to the helpful chap (yoogx) who visited
#ada irc within five minutes or so of my 1st email post.