[PolyORB-users] Mapping of valuetypes

Jerome Hugues hugues at infres.enst.fr
Mon Jan 17 12:57:27 CET 2005

Hi Oliver,

Oliver Kellogg (oliver.kellogg at eads.com):

> Are there any plans for supporting valuetypes in PolyORB?

Yes, it is forseen, yet there is no deadline for this.

> I saw that the old AdaBroker used to support them (at least partially?)
> In AdaBroker's package CORBA.AbstractBase, you added a Set operation
> for associating Value_Impl objects with Value_Ref objects.

I cannot comment on this, as I was not involved in AdaBroker.

> BTW, the Ada Language Mapping 1.3 revision has been scheduled:
>
> http://www.omg.org/techprocess/meetings/schedule/Ada_Language_Mapping_1.3_RTF.html
>
> so this seems like a good time for such proposals :-)

Don't go too fast, there was also the Ada 2003 RTF

http://www.omg.org/techprocess/meetings/schedule/Ada_2003_RTF.html

and this RTS did nothing but delaying its revision deadline from
December 2003 to July 2004 and did nothing since then.

So, I would not propose anything until the first drafts are made available..

--
Jerome