[PolyORB-users] Naming Service won't start without internet connection

Martin Krischik krischik at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 9 11:20:00 CET 2005

Am Samstag, 8. Januar 2005 22:21 schrieb Vadim Godunko:
> Martin Krischik wrote:
> > When starting po_names withot internet connection I get a socket error:
> >
> > +------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >------
> >
> > |po_names
> > |polyorb.initialization: Initialization of access_points.uipmc failed:
> > |Exception name: GNAT.SOCKETS.SOCKET_ERROR
> > |

> > |raised GNAT.SOCKETS.SOCKET_ERROR : [19] No such device
> >
> > +------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >------
>
> This is known issue. You don't have default route. ;-)
>
> > If I do the same with internet connection up all goes well:
>
> Internet connection setup default route.

indeed it does.

> You may take normal behavior if you define default route

Well the computer on which I test is the main router for my tiny home
network :-( . I don't know what happens when I declare a computer to be its
own default route but I don't think it is a good idea.

> or disable
> uipmc access point.

Well I hope I get permanent internet connection soon so I can test naming
services.

Martin

--
Martin Krischik