[PolyORB-users] Initialization of PolyORB : pb with multicast

Marc Colinet m.colinet at 9online.fr
Tue Feb 22 12:47:54 CET 2005

I modified my "/src/polyorb.conf" file which contains now :

# Set to True to enable MIOP
#polyorb.protocols.miop.giop.1.2.enable=false -- NO CHANGE
[access_points]
#srp=enable   -- ALL WAS DISABLED
#soap=enable
#iiop=enable
#diop=enable
#uipmc=disable
[modules]
--ALL WAS DISABLED, I THOUGH IT WAS NECESSARY TO ENABLE THEM TO BE
COHERENT WITH THE PRECEEDING PARAMETERS
#binding_data.srp=enable
#binding_data.soap=enable
#binding_data.iiop=enable
#binding_data.diop=enable
#binding_data.uipmc=disable

But the "examples/corba/random/server" always crashes, with the same
message :

polyorb.initialization: Initialization of access_points.uipmc failed:
Exception name: GNAT.SOCKETS.SOCKET_ERROR
raised GNAT.SOCKETS.SOCKET_ERROR : [19] No such device

When I change the /src/polyorb.conf file, do I need to recompile PolyORB
library ? Or the example files ? Or is it just read when executing the
server ? I recompiled the library and the examples : same crash.

The MIOP personnality and uipmc being disabled, maybe the example
"examples/corba/random/server" tries to initialize a functionnality that
is disabled ? It could explain why the server crashes and then do I need
to make another kind of example to get a result ? On the other hand,
could it be a hardware problem ?

Marc Colinet