[PolyORB-users] Re: [PolyORB-devel] Compile Error in cos/naming for MinGW.

Martin Krischik krischik at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 25 12:12:09 CET 2004

Am Freitag, 24. Dezember 2004 11:46 schrieb Jerome Hugues:
> Martin Krischik (krischik at users.sourceforge.net):
> > I think I found the problem with the Windows compile:
> >
> > checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 8192
>
> [..]
>
> > I did the counting for you 132 lines with 96 characters each
> > makes 12.672 and that is distictivly more then 8192.
>
> Humm, that is strange .. do you know any work around for that ?

Right now I try the Cygwin Toolchain with

                declare -x CC=D:\MinGW\bin\gcc.exe;
                declare -x ADA=D:\MinGW\bin\gcc.exe;

and see what happens.

> It is a pity such limitations still exist on Windows.

The real pity is the fact that the Windows user forked Cygwin. The Cygwin guys
doing more in the tools side of live. They have a cool installer, a newer
bash, a full X suite etc. pp.

However, the MinGW guys doing more on the compiler side of live, they have the
newer (3.4.2) compiler. Cygwin only have 3.3.3.

> Perhaps using Cygwin is the simplest solution for Windows.

AFAIK AdaCore is using MinGW - so I consider that the main Ada platform for
windows.

--
Martin Krischik
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net