[PolyORB-users] Re: [PolyORB-devel] Compile Error in cos/naming for MinGW.

Martin Krischik krischik at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 25 14:06:55 CET 2004

Am Freitag, 24. Dezember 2004 11:46 schrieb Jerome Hugues:
> Martin Krischik (krischik at users.sourceforge.net):
> > I think I found the problem with the Windows compile:
> >
> > checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 8192
>
> [..]
>
> > I did the counting for you 132 lines with 96 characters each
> > makes 12.672 and that is distictivly more then 8192.
>
> Humm, that is strange .. do you know any work around for that ?

Did some more checking - without success.

> It is a pity such limitations still exist on Windows.

Well, on Linux it is:

checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 32768

We might run into trouble here too. The real limitation is the missing ability
of the unix cmpiler and linker to read there options from an responce file.
Even 32k is not much for a linker command line.

> Perhaps using Cygwin is the simplest solution for Windows.

Actualy the cygwin configure reports:

checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 8192

No help from that side either.

Martin
--
Martin Krischik