[gvd-users] support for dbx on Solaris

Awerbuch, David gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Wed, 21 May 2003 10:51:03 -0400

Hey Arno,

I am doing some work for a commercial bank.  Their Solaris installation does
not include gdb, only dbx (as shipped with SUNWspro).  I am a little spoiled
by the ability to use GUI debuggers on other systems, and would prefer to
use one on this box as well, thus I was looking at gvd (and ddd).

Of course, if I can get a prelinked version of gdb from somewhere, that will
run on Solaris 8, then I will use that instead of dbx, I don;t really care
which underlying debugger I use.

Dave A.

-----Original Message-----
From: Arnaud Charlet [mailto:charlet@ACT-Europe.FR]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 4:31 PM
To: gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Subject: Re: [gvd-users] support for dbx on Solaris

> Does anyone know if support for Solaris' dbx has been implemented as yet?

It has not been. Could you explain why you would like to use dbx instead of
gdb ?

It's always interesting to know whether lots of people are using dbx,
and for what reasons.

Arno

*** Credit Lyonnais ****************************************************
This e-mail contains confidential information or information
belonging to Credit Lyonnais and is intended solely for the
addressees. The unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination
or copying (either whole or partial) of this e-mail, or any information
it contains, is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration and
their integrity cannot be guaranteed. Credit Lyonnais shall not
be liable for this e-mail if modified or falsified. If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it immediately
from your system and notify the sender of the wrong delivery
and the mail deletion.

Credit Lyonnais in the Americas:
Credit Lyonnais Bank New York Branch,
Credit Lyonnais Americas Services Inc.,