[gvd-users] My first session on a supercomputer

Arjan van Dijk gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:10:22 +0100

>Have you tried 'gvd -debugger=dbx'?
>
>After some searching on the web to does appear that gdb (5.3 was release
>last month) should read dwarf1 & 2 binaries. However, this is not
>really an issue related to gvd. I suspect you can get better help,
>perhaps from someone with first hand experience, from any of the gdb
>newsgroups/mailinglists around.
>
>Regards,
>  -Frode

I tried a separate dbx session on the 10-lines test program (that was
compiled with f90):

"dbx test.exe"

This session was allright. Typing "run" gave the regular output.

Next I tried "gvd --debugger=dbx" and I only got the message:

"The underlying debugger died prematurely. Exiting..."

And I did not even specify the name of the executable yet! I have the
impression that this is a gvd-issue and not a dbx-problem. Any
suggestion?

Regards,

Arjan

--
Arjan van Dijk
Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research Utrecht

phone: +31 30 2532815
fax:   +31 30 2543163
e-mail: mailto:A.vanDijk@phys.uu.nl
homepage: http://www.phys.uu.nl/~vndijk