[gvd-users] "File not found" -- why not?

MONWHEA JENG gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:11:39 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

	I just downloaded gvd 1.2.5 for Windows NT/2000. I am running
Windows XP, and using gcc/gdb on cygwin to compile my programs.
(I prefer to use a Windows native interface, since I find the startx
with windows somewhat unattractive.)

	Anyway, when I run gvd, I can open up the program, and run
gdb like normal. But I have trouble seeing the source file. When
I pick "Open Source," I'm in the correct directory, and can pick the
source program, which then gets displayed in the Source Window.
But after that, if I do anything else, like stepping, or asking to
"Reload Source," the program disappears, and is replaced with
"/home/momo/sandcopy/sand.cpp: File not found". That's the correct
directory and filename, which it was able to find only seconds earlier
which I picked "Open Source." Can anyone tell me what's going on,
and how to fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

	My apologies if this is a really dumb question. I have tried
looking for information elsewhere, but to no avail. If someone
can suggest a place I could have figured this out myself, that would
be appreciated too.

Momo (mjeng@siue.edu)