[gvd-users] New user question - remote debugging

Corp User gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:39:03 -0700 (PDT)

I'm a brand new user of gvd...So far, it looks
wonderful.  I am trying to configure it so I can
remotely debug a program running on a Solaris (Sparc)
box from my Windows 2000 workstation.  I would like to
do this without using X Windows (save a ton of
bandwidth - especially when working from home).

I assume I need to choose "Open Program in a New
Debugger" from my windows box, but I'm not sure what
values I should use.

Program file - is this the executable I am
debugging???
Debugger Host - What goes here?
Program Host - What goes here?
Protocol - I'm not sure what I need - wtx, vxworks, or
remote?  Do I need to configure something to make one
of these choices work?
Debugger - I'm using GDB, so this choice is obvious
Debugger name - I thought I just selected GDB????
What goes here?
Checkbox - Replace current debugger - what does this
box do?

Thanks for any help!