[gvd-users] horizontal scrollbar for source-window

Arnaud Charlet gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:49:47 +0200

> Does anyone still use 8 spaces for tabs?  For any sort of structured

Sure, most people do. On the other hand, these people do not use tabs
for indenting ;-)

> programming, this would really bother me - it's not uncommon to have 5 or
> more levels of indentation, and with 8 spaces there is no room left to write
> any code and avoid horizontal scrolling (in some development systems, I have
> used 2 spaces per tab, but that's a bit too close).

Right, using 2 or 3 spaces is what most projects do these days.
Not using tabs at all is also a rule in many projects.

Arno