[gvd-users] horizontal scrollbar for source-window

David Brown gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:38:46 +0200

> Hello Arno
>
> I have come to the point, where enlarge window or reduce font-size
> is no longer an option, so I guess I have to 'narrow' my code 8o)

You could also use the aforementioned tip for changing the tab size.  It
works fine for me, and improves the readability of deeply indented lines
(thanks, Arno).

Does anyone still use 8 spaces for tabs?  For any sort of structured
programming, this would really bother me - it's not uncommon to have 5 or
more levels of indentation, and with 8 spaces there is no room left to write
any code and avoid horizontal scrolling (in some development systems, I have
used 2 spaces per tab, but that's a bit too close).