[gvd-users] Re: Current line display

Rodrigo gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Wed, 1 May 2002 14:56:11 +0200

> I'm using GVD 1.2.5 on Solaris 2.6.  I don't seem to be able to get
current
> line to display highlighted.  The also happened with the previous version
of
> GVD so maybe I'm missing a configuration setting.  Has anyone else seen
> this?

    Yes, I have seen it. In my case, it was a problem with the version of
GDB I was using. Always try to use the GDB that comes with GNAT. You can do
this by putting it first in your PATH environment variable or using 'gvd --
debugger {path_to_gnat's_gdb}'.

    In order to check you are using the correct gdb, type 'set language ada'
at the gdb prompt of GVD. Normally, the binary distributions of GDB do not
come with Ada support and they will answer you "Unknown language 'ada'". The
GNAT version of GDB does come with Ada support and will accept your command
without complaining. Try this even if you program in C and not in Ada, it
does not matter. But me, as both C and Ada programmer, I would recommend you
to definitely use Ada  ;^)

Rodrigo