[gvd-users] GVD and Windows 98

Fernando Lozano gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 18:07:23 -0200

Hi there!

I've been using GVD 1.2.1 on a Windows 98 machine primarily as a
debugger for Free Pascal programas, using the modified gdb shipped with
fpc-1.0.4.

I updated to GVD 1.2.4 and now it won't run on my machine, giving a
protection fault when I try to start it.

First question: from the web site I realize it was not supposed to work
on Windows 98, only on NT/2000 systems. Is this right? What are the
reasons? May I hope this will be reverted and I'll again be able to use
future releases of GVD?

Second one: is there any plan to support the Pascal language, so I can
navigate through Pascal records and linked structures on the Data Window?

By the way, some variables I am able to "print" can't be displayed on
the data window. Could this be made possible even if the Data Window is
not able to recongnize and parse the data types, just displaying
whatever the "print" command from gdb shows?

Besides this, I am eager to see better Java and jdb support from GVD.
This what I miss before making GVD my main debugger under Windows and
GNU/Linux.

[]s, Fernando Lozano