[gvd-users] new to list, and question (of course!)

Arnaud Charlet gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:30:03 +0200

> Just out of interest, though, is the command window supposed to filter out
> certain control codes? Or is it a bug? The reason I ask is that DDD (my
> previous debugger) doesn't seem to do it.

It's between a bug and a feature ;-) GVD could be enhanced to handle this case
properly, but as pointed out, for programs that use the standard input
interactively, it is recommended to use a separate execution window anyway.

Another possibility than the attach is to use the gdb command 'tty' to
redirect the I/O of the debuggee.

Arno