[gvd-users] GVD window arrangement

David Brown gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 14:24:35 +0200

>At 13:29 5.9.2001 +0200, you wrote:
>>would be quite convenient to have the debugger connect to the target
>>automatically.
>
>In Linux you can create file called ".gdbinit", which will be called by gdb
>automatically, when it starts.

I haven't tried that yet under Linux, but ...

>In Windows, this file must be called gdb.ini.

in Windows, this doesn't work.  I am not sure if it is specific to my
version of gdb, but gdb.ini is not loaded automatically.

>Both of them must reside in the directory you start the gdb from.
>
>Leon Pollak
>PLR Information Systems Ltd.
>E-mail: leonp@plris.com

Another poster has just given me a more general solution (use --dargs -x
init.gdb), which can let me easily have different macro files and start with
the one I want at any given time.  But thanks for your reply anyway.

David Brown