[gvd-users] run in win98 + NT -- help please

Rosenzweig, Daniel Z (Dan), NNAD gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 07:55:10 -0400

I've tried gvd with local gdb on NT and it loads fine...(I have no Win
programs to debug, so I can't tell you much more than that.) I have no idea
what the problem is on your computer. Hopefully someone else here will be
able to help.
(I'm still hoping to find a fix for the remote debugging issue...until then,
the program doesn't help me!)

One thing to always think about in NT vs 9x is permissions, but off hand, I
can't think of how that would be a problem here, if you were able to install
the program in the same directories....and the .gvd directory was created.
If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Just wondering, do you see gdb in the list of running processes in
taskmanager (as opposed to running applications)?

Good Luck!
-------
on NT:
installed gdb in c:\gdb
installed gvd in c:\gvd

path includes c:\gdb\bin and c:\gvd\bin and c:\gvd

run the prog and i get nothing (no error message at
all)

in both cases the first run creates d:\.gvd (98) and
c:\.gvd (NT)

in NT the log in .gvd contains nothing.