[gvd-users] Suggestion: Please modify the bug dialogs

Preben Randhol gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:29:18 +0200

Arnaud Charlet <charlet@ACT-Europe.FR> wrote on 19/04/2001 (12:19) :
> > Another thing. Perhaps put a line in the dialog explaining where one
> > reports the bug to, I mean either an e-mail or URL. :-)
>
> RTFM ;-) The documentation explains this.

Yes, but in order to increase user friendlyness I only suggest:

   Bug detected in GVD

   Please report [see GVD Manual under Reporting Bugs]
   with the contents of the file /home/randhol/.gvd/log the following
   information:

Also please please don't put the Help menu on the right side of the
menubar. One doesn't not notice it out there. It is now considered bad
GUI design to put it on the right side as the eye follows the menus from
the left and stop at what seems to be the last; here : Data.

Now most programs have stopped using the right justified menu item and
thus one assumes that there is no Help without looking further. I
discovered it only just now and I have used the program several times
now...

--
Preben Randhol ---------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
+---+ "There was, I think, never any reason to  believe in any innate
| ! |  superiority of the male, except his superior muscle."
+---+      -- Bertrand Russell, Ideas That Have Harmed Mankind (1950)