[gvd-devel] New version ???

Arnaud Charlet charlet@ACT-Europe.FR
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 11:30:14 +0200

Please do not cross post to multiple mailing lists at the same time, this
is standard usenet recommendations, thanks.

As for your SuSe issues, there is nothing we can do about, unless perhaps
hope that the SuSe people would contact us and coordinate with us to
figure out the best version to use on their distribs.

For one thing, I was surprised to learn that SuSe distributed some GVD 2.0,
while there has never been such a beast released, and corresponds to an
unstable snapshot only intended to be used as part of GPS. But perhaps I
was misinformed, since I do not have a SuSe distribution myself.

Concerning your bugs, I don't know what you are specifically referring to,
but this list is a volunteer effort where people devote their free time,
so as for any free software project, you cannot demand getting answers
and fixes for your problems.

I am surprised that you did not complain/report your bugs to SuSe,
since as you mentioned, you purchased SuSe PRO which I assume comes with
some level of support. Perhaps this support includes GVD ?

Now concerning new versions of GVD, as clearly stated on the GVD web page,
and also on this list before, GVD as a stand alone application will not
have new released, since it is now integrated in GPS, the GNAT Programming
System. GPS contains a much more recent GVD engine.

GVD web page: http://libre.act-europe.fr/gvd
GPS web page: http://libre.act-europe.fr/gps

Arno