[gvd-devel] Download Problems with GVD for Linux

Coulter, Don A don.a.coulter@lmco.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:06:59 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_d9dhDbB6QEsMPOqfUy041A)

Dear GVD Developers,

After trying twice to download GVD for Linux from your
http://libre.act-europe.fr/gvd/ <http://libre.act-europe.fr/gvd/>  site, I
decided to see if you can correct the problems I encountered.

The first time I attempted to download from my Linux machine using Mozilla
and all went well until I selected the directory where I wished to place the
tar file. The problem is your dialog box code places an extra slash in the
download path and, of course, the download fails. For example, if I select
the directory "/Debugger", it will try Saving To:
"/Debugger//gvd-1.2.5-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tgz".

Since that didn't work, I tried to download from my Windows machine but
there was a problem there with the size of the tar file (over 3 MB). The
SAVE AS dialog box first selects the floppy A: drive (limited to 1.44MB
maximum) and the download also fails. It would be convenient to divide into
two smaller files that fit on floppies.

After all these tries, I finally managed to download to my hard drive but it
was way too much hassle.

Hope you can work it out so the next person has less trouble.

Don A. Coulter
E-mail: don.a.coulter@lmco.com

--Boundary_(ID_d9dhDbB6QEsMPOqfUy041A)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=US-ASCII">
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2656.27">
<TITLE>Download Problems with GVD for Linux</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Dear GVD Developers,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">After trying twice to download GVD for Linux from your </FONT><A HREF="http://libre.act-europe.fr/gvd/"><U><FONT COLOR="#0000FF" SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">http://libre.act-europe.fr/gvd/</FONT></U></A><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> site, I decided to see if you can correct the problems I encountered.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">The first time I attempted to download from my Linux machine using Mozilla and all went well until I selected the directory where I wished to place the tar file. The problem is your dialog box code places an extra slash in the download path and, of course, the download fails. For example, if I select the directory &quot;/Debugger&quot;, it will try Saving To: &quot;/Debugger//gvd-1.2.5-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tgz&quot;.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Since that didn't work, I tried to download from my Windows machine but there was a problem there with the size of the tar file (over 3 MB). The SAVE AS dialog box first selects the floppy A: drive (limited to 1.44MB maximum) and the download also fails. It would be convenient to divide into two smaller files that fit on floppies. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">After all these tries, I finally managed to download to my hard drive but it was way too much hassle.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Hope you can work it out so the next person has less trouble.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE="Arial">Don A. Coulter<B></B></FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Arial">E-mail:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000080" FACE="Arial"> don.a.coulter@lmco.com</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_d9dhDbB6QEsMPOqfUy041A)--