[gvd-devel] GVD installation problems

Laurens Andre Andre.Laurens@cnes.fr
Thu, 30 May 2002 15:20:27 +0200

Hello,
I have just downloaded the binary distribution of GVD 1.2.5 for Windows =
and here are the problems encountered :
1) when I run gvd.exe, I can see :
*	either a Windows message saying "Gvd a provoqu=E9 une erreur dans =
KERNEL32.DLL"
*	either a DOS-like window with "Gtk-WARNING : unable to locate =
loadable module in module_path : "redmond95.dll"
*	either the same DOS-like window and GVD starts (and seems to work =
fine), and the DOS-like window stays open as long as GVD is running
These different behaviours seem to be more or less sensitive to what I =
put in the 'module_path' variable of  the 'gtkrc' file (though I =
couldn't state precisely why), and even to the fact that gtkrc is open =
in editor.
2) in fact the file 'redmond95.dll' is present. I tried to put it in =
various places (c:\windows\system, c:\gnat\bin) unsuccessfully
3) I tried to write various paths in the 'module_path' variable but I'm =
afraid I've not guessed the good syntax : may I give several =
alternative paths? is the separator space, semicolon, colon? have \ and =
/ the same meaning in a path?)
4) is all that due to :
*	the fact that I run under Win 98 and not NT?
*	the fact that I don't use GNAT 3.14 but 3.13?
*	the fact that I didn't install GtkAda?
5) could you give with the distribution minimal installation =
directives?
Thanks in advance for your answer

Andr=E9 LAURENS
Nacelles point=E9es
Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales
DSO/ED/BA/NA - bpi 1901
18, av. Edouard Belin
31055 Toulouse Cedex 4
t=E9l : 05 61 27 46 42 - fax : 05 61 28 23 04
e-mail : Andre.Laurens@cnes.fr
web : http://ballons.cnes.fr/nacelles_pointees

P.S. : after the first time I send the mail (in french) I downloaded =
and installed GNAT 3.14, and saw that gvd was part on this =
distribution. Unfortunately, it does not work at all and gives =
systematically the Windows message saying "Gvd a provoqu=E9 une erreur =
dans KERNEL32.DLL". Moreover, I can no more compile Tash with GNAT 3.14 =
so that I went back to 3.13.